Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Sakura Hill

 Before arriving at Sakura, I had been forewarned about a ominous sounding hill. A hill maybe I didn't think too much about, until I met it. This hill is a journey all in its own, and blog worthy. This hill is the way back home, the way into town, and the way to being skinny! ;) This is the bottom of the hill. Me and Dane are done traveling for the day, so now we are on our way back up to our apartment. Family and friends, meet, "THE HILL"! I know, this doesn't look to scarey, that's what I thought too... totally doable!
 Round that little corner and this is the second step to the hill... psh, got this! Not that bad!
 Get up the second part of the hill and walk up the third hill at a slight incline till you get passed that arch on the left. This is the "break".
 Now you are puffing a little and thinking, woo this is starting to give my thigh a burn... HA then you run into this! The beast! Walking up this your legs burn and if you are pushing a stroller, you seem to bent over vertical with the ground. This picture doesn't even do it justice.

But don't worry, once you are really huffing and puffing and your legs seem to be on fire, you get to the top and glorious day, there is a flat stretch! 
 Done yet!? I don't think so, here is the last and final blow that seriously busts your buns! The stairs! And to top it off, if you are carrying a 20lb baby on your chest or in a stroller... well, all I have to say is, I better lose a couple pants sizes! And ladies and gentlemen, that is the Sakura hill... Buns busted!

 But hill or no hill, it is completely worth it to climb it everyday to go into town and look around! This is an orange tree, which you would see plenty of.
 Some sort of cemetery right on the side of the street.
A concrete house with a doll in it and flowers and rocks, people leave food here and drinks. I believe it is for the dead in the cemetery. This seems to be a dark place, however interesting to see as you walk by. 
 Dinner tonight is Chicken Parmesan Manicotti, thankfully my 9x13 pan fits just barely into the oven!


 We picked up a baby bullet today (blender) and made acorn squash and apple baby food! I was really excited to make it!
 This is the finished product. What does Beau think!?
I think he'd rather have some breast milk! Haha, but he ate it up anyways!

No comments:

Post a Comment