Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mothers Day and Monkey Island

 Today is a special day, we are getting ready to go to Monkey Island to enjoy the sun and celebrate motherhood!

A baby asked God, "They tell me you are sending me to earth tomorrow, but how am I going to live there being so small and helpless?"

"Your angel will be waiting for you and will take care of you."

The child further inquired, "But tell me, here in heaven I don't have to do anything but sing and smile to be happy."

God said, "Your angel will sing for you and will also smile for you. And you will feel your angel's love and be very happy."

Again the child asked, "And how am I going to be able to understand when people talk to me if I don't know the language?"

God said, "Your angel will tell you the most beautiful and sweet words you will ever hear, and with much patience and care, your angel will teach you how to speak."

"And what am I going to do when I want to talk to you?"

God said, "Your angel will place your hands together and will teach you how to pray."

"Who will protect me?"

God said, "Your angel will defend you even if it means risking it's life."

"But I will always be sad because I will not see you anymore."

God said, "Your angel will always talk to you about Me and will teach you the way to come back to Me, even though I will always be next to you."

At that moment there was much peace in Heaven, but voices from Earth could be heard and the child hurriedly asked, "God, if I am to leave now, please tell me my angel's name."

"You will simply call her, 'Mom.'"


 It was a really hot day today! Beautiful and sunny!

There was even a festival going on in Yokosuka that we passed through on our way to the ferry.
 Waiting patiently for the ferry to come. Everyone walks by waving and smiling at Beau.

 Beau and Dad on the ferry.

 Jellies! Watch your step!
 The beach at Monkey Island, apparently there are no monkeys on Monkey Island.

"All that I am or ever hope to be,
I owe to my angel Mother."
-Abraham Lincoln


 Beau eating sand! I guess he must be mineral deficient! Ha
 Mom and Beau having fun in the sun.
  
Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs... since the payment is pure love.  ~Mildred B. Vermont


 A spooky / beautiful walk to the caves! Watch out for the Gorillas!
 

"Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible."


 A peaceful lagoon for fishers and drunkards.
 Beau had so much fun, he passed out.

 Awake and hungry! No sand this time, he's going for fiber!
 Bear crawl


"Making the decision to have a child is momentous.  It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."


" The single greatest thing a father can do for his children is love their mother."


 Twin baldies.

  

"The love of a mother is the veil of a softer light between the heart and the heavenly Father."




 On our way home from a wonderful day!

A lesson well learned in this life, is the true love of a parent. I really never understood the love of my parents until I became one. Thank you for all of your love!

To all the mothers in my life! Happy Mothers day!

2 comments:

  1. Rachael you look beautiful! Glad you guys are doing good. Missing you all. haha NO MONKEYS on Monkey Island??? What =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little family is so cute! Happy Mother's Day! You are such a good mommy. And it is so true you don't understand all your parents do/did for you until you become one!

    Fun to see pictures of places we went as well. Monkey Island was fun. We had a seahawk take Hans' whole sandwich right out of his hand!! Glad you are enjoying your time there.

    We will have to try to get together sometime when you get back!!

    ReplyDelete