Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Elimination Communication

What an adorable baby booty!
So today I decided to start "potty training" Beau. Really it isn't potty training, it is untraining him to pee and poop in his diaper. I am a little sad that I waited until now to start! The first time I did  it, I held Beau over the sink and after a few minutes of patiently waiting he pee'd! However, I accidentally made a squeal and scared him so he finished peeing on the floor where he is now doing lots of naked time! That is ok for our first try though. Just learning to be in tune with his cues! America is really the only country that allows their children the opportunity to stay in diapers until they are 3 years old. Most babies that are EC'd are potty trained around 1 yr old and some even sooner! The Asian cultures are very into this method of natural potty training. Hoping to remain fully diligent with this and to come home with an almost potty trained baby! Im all about a diaper free baby! ;)

This is a picture of Beau taking his first pee outside of his diaper! (at least the first pee outside of his diaper on purpose ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment